Welcome to Author Talk
Today, I have the pleasure of interviewing C L Moore.
Please tell us a little about yourself and your
Hi, and thank you for the interview.
I am a Universal Channel, Psychic Consultant,
Reiki Master, Metaphysical Teacher and an Author!
I was born “awake” and I remembered many of
my past lives from a very young age. Sometimes it seemed that one life ran into another. They are so prominent in my present I sometimes have to check where I am!
In 2008 I was interviewed by a NSW Detective Constable in regards to my visions and precognitions.
Every one of which was reported on in the media, exactly as I foretold
For 10 years I ran a German Shepherd Dog breeding Kennel, Shepmore Kennels. Also showing and Obedience training my dogs. I am a qualified to Black class Obedience Trainer.
I am also a granny of 5, and waiting on another addition to the family. Oh, and I am a Supernatural “Dean” girl.
Thank you for that C L, Now some questions
About You as an Author
- What are your ambitions for your writing career?
For my books to become Movies.
- How long have you been writing?
All my life, starting as soon as I could write.
- Which writers inspire you?
Stephen King, Margaret Mitchell, Cassandra Claire, Daphne De Maurie, Jane Austin and there are so many more.
- Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
My most recent book was ‘Rosalie; I can’t actually pinpoint any actress that
would suit her role, she is unique.
- What is the easiest thing about writing?
Listening to the voices. They tell me what to write.
- How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Sometimes a month, some have taken a year.
- Do you ever get writer’s Block?
If so, Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
- For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
Books I can take to bed and hold, smelling the paper and ink.
- What & whose book/s are you reading at present?
None at present, too busy writing!
- Do you proofread/edit all your own books or
do you get someone to do that for you?
Some I get others to edit.
- Do you let the book stew – leave it for a month and then come back to it to edit?
No, that is pure torture.
- When did you decide to become a writer?
What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?
I had no choice. The people in the story wouldn’t stop talking at me until
I wrote down what they said.
They are still just as persistent.
- Why do you write?
Because I have no option, I write because it possesses me.
- Do you write fulltime or parttime?
I write full time, in with my Spiritual work.
- Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured? No structured time, I like to sit up all night and write, then all day as well when my
- Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
- How successful are you at achieving that goal? What comes, is what is written. That can be a hundred words or 5 thousand.
- Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
Do you use a special writing program, or just type away?
Just on the laptop, but I did used to use my great Aunts typewriter.
- Where do the your ideas come from?
Mostly from dreams. That is where the people who want their story told first contact me.
Then they come and talk until the book is done.
- Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Never plot or outline, I like to see where the story goes.
- How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
- What is the hardest thing about writing?
Getting interrupted when I’m on a roll
- What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Finding that I was at the end of the story.
- How do you market your books? Why did you choose this route?
Mostly Facebook and I promote and sell on my travels
- How do you relax?
Ridding houses of Ghosts, no joke, that is what I do to relax!
- What is your favourite book and why?
Stephen Kings Salems Lot. The only book that ever scared me silly
- What is your favourite quote?
Do, or do not. There is no try” ~ Yoda
- What is your favourite movie and why?
Gone With the Wind. Who doesn’t love Rhett and Scarlet?
- Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?
In New York at the premier of a movie made from my books
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
You are on the right path, never doubt yourself
- Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
William Wallace. What a man. I love his passion for Scotland and his staunch belief in Freedom,
even in the face of his impending death.
- If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
I wish I had written Wuthering Heights. Dark, foreboding, full of angst and
Wow! That is great C L. Now we’re going to move on to
Talking About Your Books.
- What genre are your books?
They are mostly Paranormal, Time Travel, Erotic, Romance, with some Horror for good measure
- What draws you to this genre?
I am a hopeless romantic who loves a strong man. As long as he lets me have the sword or gun!
Paranormal, because that’s just how I roll everyday, that’s my normal
- How much research do you do?
I do when I want to check on facts or dates
- Have you written any other books in collaboration with other writers? If so, with whom?
- What would you say are the main advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing against being published or the other way around?
The main advantage I have found with self pub, is that you have total creative
control. I dislike anyone changing my vision of how I see my work.
- What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews?
I write because I have to, Good reviews are nice to have, but good or bad they won’t change how I write.
- What do you think of “trailers” for books? I like them, Caryn at Watzbooks and Teasers makes mine for me
- Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
No, I don’t think it works.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Never give up and never let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough.
You sound like a very independant author, C L. Thank you for sharing your opinions. We have the last section to discuss now.Talking About Your Current Book.
- What are you working on at the minute?
The Treasure The Guardians Trilogy book 2
- What’s it about? (*if relevant)
It centres on the Henry Family and the Knights Templar. it has good, evil, angels, demons,angst, love.
- Is this book part of a series?
Yes, its part of a Trilogy
- What are your thoughts on writing a book series.
I like seeing how the characters develop and getting to hear more of their story
- Did you format your own book? In what formats is your book available?
Yes. epub, paperback and mobi
- Tell us about the cover/s and how it/they came about.
Who designed your book cover/s?
I have had Artist Shane Deguara and Kate Robbins cover design for my books,
but I created Rosalie myself.
- Do you think that the cover plays an important part in the buying process?
Yes, the reader has to be drawn to your book
- How are you publishing this book and why?
Self Pub, cause I am a control freak. (*e.g. Indie, traditional or both)
- How can readers discover more about you and you work?
See my websites, call me, email me private message me!
- Please list all of your published books here.
- The Healer
- Louisiana Heat
- Belmont Falls
- Working with the Archangels
- Psychic and Spiritual Development for the New Age
- Spiritual Development for the Golden Age
- Traditional Usui Reiki (Shoden, Okuden and Shinpiden)
- Celtic Wisdom Healing System
- Unlocking the Tarot
- Exploring Crystals
- Angel Whispers Oracle
- Spiritual Tranquility Oracle
- Temple of Isis
- Oracle and Healing system
- Grail Legends Oracle
- Writing and Publishing your own book.
- Publisher: C L Moore Author(S): C L Moore
- Paperback / Hardback:
- Distributor/Seller: Lulu.com, Amazon
- Book Cover by: C L Moore, Shane Deguara and Kate Robbins
- Website: www.authorclmoore.com, www.spiritualtranquility.com
- Author Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCLMoore
- Spiritual Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/spiritualtranquility
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/CLMoore/e/B00H4VUR60
- Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/PhoenixGoddess
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5315838.C_L_Moore
Well, thankyou so much for your valuable time, C L. Moore, it is greatly appreciated. You certainly are a prolific writer. And many different genres as well.